Friday, January 28, 2011

Bambi (1942)



A wonderful theme of Disney and most fairy tales is the allure and mystery of the deep forest.  A secret realm where a lost human can become friends with talking animals.  I like to imagine that Walt Disney loved the woodland creatures of Snow White so much that he decided to make a film about them in Bambi.  Bambi is different than Snow White - humans and animals are bitter enemies - but the story is a celebration of the wonder and beauty of these creatures and their home.  I particularly loved this montage and song "Little April Shower":





We went ahead and watched Bambi (1942) before Dumbo (1941) because I had a bit of trouble locating Dumbo - I believe it is currently in the "Disney vault" because you can't buy it on Amazon for a reasonable price and it is unavailable on Netflix - I haven't broken down to get a Blockbuster account, but I have a feeling that might be happening sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment