Sunday, January 23, 2011

So far we have watched Snow White and Fantasia.
My favorite part of Snow White is all the carved owls in the dwarves' cottage, and the glittering gemstones in the cave where they work. I also, of course, love all the woodland animals and the mushrooms all over the place. There were so many tender details put into this movie. I love when Snow White kisses the dove and it flies down to Prince Charming and he kisses it, too. Completely adorable.

My favorite part of Fantasia is the Fairy Suite when the fairies put magic glistening dew drops on all the flowers, spiderwebs, and dandelions to Nutcracker music. It may be the most magical thing I've ever seen. There are some really boring parts of this movie, but the beautiful parts are worth watching all the rest to get to!

This dandelion is all lit up because a fairy just flew behind it!
and then she sprinkles it with dew!

The first time we met at my house, but we met at Jamie's this time. She has an awesome slightly panoramic view of the ship canal bridge and the eastern horizon from her room, and lovely room mates who I love getting to chat with a bit. Jamie made us a delicious avocado, tomato, black bean, spicy egg scramble. Lucy brought pastries and coffees. This tradition is truly the beginning of something magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment